Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The New Clash of the Titans

For those of us who had already seen the previous "Clash of the Titans" which was made in the seventies, we know that it is a great and epic movie. This remake of a classic would hardly be considered a remake. I wouldn't consider it anywhere near the original. Okay, it had a lot of the same scenes as the first but the acting in this new one was horrible. The scenes were either too long or too short leaving you wondering WHAT?! I did fail to mention that the main character(Sam Worthington) in this was the same man who played the main male role in "AVATAR" that was pretty close to it as far as release date goes. The reason I bother to mention this is that this actor has too distinct of facial features to not be seen as the man that played as that guy in "AVATAR" for the rest of his career. I'm saying that after watching either one of those movies, I couldn't help but think and be stuck on the fact that this man was in another film. Maybe they could have released "Clash of the Titans" at a later date when the hype of "AVATAR" and all of the other great movies of the year had passed and maybe it would have gotten better reviews. "Robert pattinson" is another example of what I mean... During the "Twilight" saga, Robert stars in another movie "Remember Me". I had not seen this movie but just looking at the trailers and seeing the photos, he looks exactly the same as he did in "Twilight". What I am saying about these two actors is that they aren't going to be convincing of their characters in thier future films due to their epic roles that seem to stick to peoples brains throughout the years. So to sum my review up, I would say that the new "Clash of the Titans" was a BUST. "Sam Worthington", unless he can find a better role than the one he played in "AVATAR", will never be seen as another character other than that of "Jake Sully".
I give this film
2 and a  half out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment